Friday, January 10, 2014

Ponies in Pink: A Baby Shower

While I was home for break I had the chance to host a baby shower with my sisters for one of my sister-in-laws. Because I live in Utah I often miss out of this kind of stuff so I was really excited to help put it together. My sister-in-law is a vet and loves horses. She is also having a baby girl, so we went with a pink and gray horse theme. I can't tell you how much fun I had doing this, it was a lot of work, but so fun! 

My mom and I picked up some onesies and shoes at the second hand store. All together it was about $15 to put together, but all of the onesies were in brand new condition. Most of them had never been washed! 

 
One of my sisters had the idea of hanging them on a clothesline to display them. I'm so glad she thought of it becuase it was such a fun way to show off all the cute onesies and baby shoes!



I have been wanting a chicken wire frame for a while and I saw an idea on Pinterest similar to this and thought it was the perfect opportunity to make my frame.

The chalkboard photo display board was a Christmas gift I gave my mom. All of the onesies were cut out with a sillouette machine. The gray onesies are actually wrapping paper! It is wrapping paper made out of stone and it is awesome. Google it!

We had everyone write their name and their favorite childrens book on a onesie so my sister-in-law could have ideas of what children's books other people like.



Remember my mom's chalkboard banner? We couldn't find any pink chalk so I typed everything up and then cut it out with the silhouette (I finally got my very own for Christmas, I am so excited!!). 



Also done with the Silhouette. 



One of my sisters has an entire collection of mason jars with vintage flower lids. They work perfect for parties! 




My mom picked this up in Salt Lake back in October, I think, and it was the perfect peice for the dessert table. 



 
I saw a sign on Pinterest that I wanted to recreate so I made myself a pallet, designed a horse, and put it together. I loved how it turned out and hope my baby neice loves it too! I will put up a tutorial on how to make your own in the next week or two.

FYI sugar decorations are much harder to make than they sound. I was really pleased with how they turned out, but they were not easy!


My sister made some delicious cupcakes and brought down these cute nut cups that she picked up from Orson Gygi in Salt Lake. 



We thought it would be a cute idea to have people guess when baby Elisabeth (yes, her name is spelled wrong on everything... whoops!) would be born. I forgot to get a picture at the end, but it was fun to see everyone making guesses. 

We are so excited for Baby Elisabeth to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment