Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Making Our House a Home: Part II, Halloween Edition

I started this series on my family blog, so part 1 is over there. But, I feel like this a better home for the series, so I am switching it over to this blog.

 In our previous homes I would get somewhat into decorating for the holidays, but we never had good spaces for decorations and it never looked quite right. This year I have really gotten into decorating! I like Halloween, but I'm not a huge fan of gory, scary decorations, so I stuck with classy simple ones. It was really fun pulling different things together to create my Halloween look.

This was the easiest door decoration I have ever made! 

We don't have a mantle or a big entertainment center where we can put decorations and so I convinced Laren into putting up shelves for me. I love how they add some dimension to our living room and give me a place to put decorations! 

I got this Halloween printable from a blog that I follow. The board and clip I got from Walmart ( I painted white). I am really excited about it because I can switch printables in and out with the seasons / holidays. 

The polka dot dish, Trick-or-Treat sign, and Bat hat box are all from Tai Pan Trading. The sign and dish I picked up last year around Halloween and I picked the hat box up this September. 


I really wanted a Halloween banner, but deciding what to make took me forever! I already had a "Boo" sign and a "Trick-or-Treat" sign, so I scoured Google until I ran into a sign that said "Broom Parking 5 cents." I love it because it is Halloween-esque, but not creepy and scary. 



I have a thing for chicken wire baskets and old trays / tins. They make the best centerpieces! 

I love my table so much and love that I can change its look with the seasons. I got the burlap, polka dot material, and basket at Jo Ann's. I love the burlap because it fits perfectly with the farm theme and the polka dot material gives it a little bit of fall fun. 

Tai Pan had these cute signs when my sister and I went in September and I just had to get one! 

I picked this frame up a while ago at my favorite antique store and decided I wanted to place my big wreath on it. Our dining area walls are pretty bare, so this is a simple way to give it a face lift. 

Happy Halloween! 

1 comment:

  1. I love these ideas! I need some!! The banner is my favorite. What a funny saying. I'll have to make one!!

    ReplyDelete